Dev Ops Engineer for large Internet/TV firm.
** Who we Are
Sairoop is a small woman-owned business looking to find people to make waves for our clients in the realm of IT and Software development. We work with candidates on an individual basis with an emphasis on both personal growth and organizational development. We help both commercial and government clients overcome their demanding IT gaps, and we help candidates realize their top value.
** About our Client
Our client in the DTC is looking for a candidate to be part of a great team. It’s a larger company with an established presence that serves clients nationwide. It’s a great place to work for a structured environment to help you focus on developing code.
** What You’ll be Doing
- Looking for on-board Developers who is a technical expert with in-depth knowledge of DevOps and automation tools.
- Candidate must be able to plan and direct teams and work closely with clients, vendors, peer operation organizations and IT team members to understand the operational problems, troubleshoot those issues and provide technical solutions.
- This job also requires the candidate to work towards new product implementation as well as implementation of existing products and services.
- He/she must be able to provide expertise in engineering methodologies and can look after and maintain specific allocated areas of engineering.
- Candidate must be able to support Java JEE applications and support SCM-SVN.
- Able to plan and take responsibility for multiple projects within the organization and develop plans, proposals and communication strategies.
- In this role, the candidate will be responsible for working on issues and driving solutions by using all available resources. Works with the team to provide troubleshooting solutions on technical issues, within and outside the department.
- Makes sure projects are integrated through engineering into operations environment that includes lifecycle problem management from the front-line CARE.
- He/she will be responsible to build, configure, support and administer Jenkins and Maven based systems for continuous Integration and Inspection of Java/JEE applications and for the one-click delivery system for Java/JEE applications.
- Be responsible to build data and metric systems to keep record of operational workflows, keep records and deliver feedback. He/she will also be responsible for metrics analysis, problem identification in specific areas and present solution to problems, if any.
- Create and manage Docker images for Couchbase, Elasticsearch, Tomcat and Java based systems.
- Communicates with vendors and clients on the flaws and necessary improvements as well as provides direction and create long-term goals and plans along with giving the determining the course of action to achieve results.
- Candidate must also be able to create and manage Puppet configuration for Couchbase bucket creation, view creation, XDCR configurations, couchbase node configurations, elastic search index creation, elastic search node configuration, Tomcat instance configuration (like data source, JVM arguments) and can perform deployments.
- He/she is also responsible for integrating test suite to Jenkins, code coverage tool like Sonar, create SVN per-commit and post-commit hooks, manage and support application servers like WebLogic, JBoss and Tomcat.
- Candidate is responsible for undertaking routine maintenance tests, identify issues and make sure all maintenance is successfully authenticated to reduce subscriber impact to as low as possible.
- Can lead integration projects into operations which comprises of automation, instrumentation, standardization and methods.
- The candidate is responsible for supporting customers’ business leads and serves an expert within the department to resolve problems and provide with the most desirable and innovative solutions.
** What we’re Looking For
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent (Computer Science, Engineering or related field).
- Programming and developing experience required.
- At least 7-8 years of similar experience.
Tech Skills Required
- Candidate must have experience with scripting for application support using Puppet, Shell, Python, Perl or similar languages.
- He/She must have an in-depth understanding and knowledge of Weblogic and other web services along with a deep knowledge of JMS.
- Candidate should have some experience with several continuous integration/automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Jenkins and GOCD.
- Candidate must be able to deploy applications on the servers with the help of Puppet, Ansible and other configuration management tools.
- Knowledge of OpenStack, Cloud Foundry or other Cloud computing and virtualization concepts.
- Ability to work with system monitoring Nagios, Wily, AppDynamics.
- Strong background in Unix Administration.
- Good knowledge of debugging network related issues using wireshark or tcpdump is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Java/JEE, Couchbase (NoSQL), Elastic (indexed search)/ Junit/Sonar/Selenium/Rest Services/Web Services is a bonus.
** What we’re Offering
This is a one year Contract for a larger corporation. With a competitive rate, you’ll work hard to produce great results!