Women as entrepreneurs think and act differently and their socio-cultural, behavioral and financial decisions are influenced by their openness and acceptance of the changing society. Successful female entrepreneurs take inspiration from other successful female entrepreneurs. It is very important to have role models – where they can see themselves.
Attending entrepreneurship networking events has a lot of advantages for your business as well as for you as a business leader.
- Builds your confidence with the various learning opportunities: The more events you attend, the better it is for your business as you get to make your presence felt in the industry. You get better knowledge sharing opportunities and support, insight and guidance from these networking events.
- Take inspiration from successful women entrepreneurs: In these networking events, when you listen to other successful women entrepreneurs talk about their experiences, you start relating to them and this could help you take your business and challenges at work in a positive light knowing there have been people who have come out of this successfully. These networking events are also a great platform for you to connect with role models and mentors and keep in touch with them even after the event. This will only help your business grow and help you in the long run.
- Keeps you informed about the latest trends: These networking events keeps you updated on the current and future trends in the industry. This insight could prove to be game changer as it would give you a competitive advantage in the industry.
- Get inspiration from other successful women entrepreneurs: When women listen to other successful female entrepreneurs speak about their challenges and how they have overcome them, it gives them a sense of belonging and makes them feel that they are not the only one to go through something similar. It helps them understand how they should handle situations and how to not make the same mistakes and rise as a winner.
- Gives you a break from the mundane office life: When you are given an opportunity to step out of the office setting and meet and interact with people and learn from them in the process, it helps provide a much-needed human contact. A networking event helps break the work week could be a nice change of pace from the routine and recharge you with a better insight and motivation to work harder than ever. Women entrepreneurs thrive on this and hence should attend networking events.
Entrepreneurship has slowly started to change its focus into being welcoming to women as well. Women in general like to play in a group setting and feel comfortable climbing the success ladder holding each other’s hands. This will only be possible and help make the tide shift when women feel confident and start going to these networking events to exchange views, learn and get inspired from other successful women entrepreneurs.